Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recite the Nembutsu!


In honor of Rev. Zuiken Saizo Inagaki (1885-1981).

称えよ称えよ 大悲の声は 南無阿弥陀仏

  Tonaeyo tonaeyo daihi no koe wa Namoamidabutsu

  Recite the Nembutsu, keep reciting it.
  The voice of Great Compassion is
  Namo Amida Butsu.

______________________________________________________________________

I find myself saying Namu Amida Butsu daily.  Not necessarily out loud, but I stop and give pause and say the Nembutsu.  I try to send those words straight to my heart.  It is often that I feel a pain deep within that can only be relieved with the uttering of the Nembutsu.  I don't look to the Nembutsu as "magic" or "healing" but I find comfort in saying Namu Amida Butsu.

Some of my thoughts when saying Namu Amida Butsu:

Namu Amida Butsu...I take refuge in the Buddha of Infinite Wisdom and Compassion.

Namu Amida Butsu...Thank you!

Namu Amida Butsu....I am grateful for Amida.

Namu Amida Butsu....I hear you calling!

Namu Amida Butsu....I am here.

Namu Amida Butsu.....I am overwhelmed with life.

Namu Amida Butsu....I am happy!

Namu Amuda Butsu....I feel utterly lost.....help!

Namu Amida Butsu....I am grateful to know Amida.

Namu Amida Butsu....I hear my friend Amida calling.

Namu Amida Butsu.....Grasped!

Namu Amida Butsu...Found!

Thank you,
Jishin


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful blog, with its sensitive reflections of life and faith! I'll be looking forward to your entries in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dominick for your kind words. Namu Amida Butsu...

    ReplyDelete