Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It starts now.....

On January 1, 2013 I declared on the Facebook page "Jodo Shinshu Buddhists" that I would write down my thoughts on the Nembutsu every day for a year.  It is a goal that I hope to achieve.  Though I am keeping my thoughts in written form in a notebook, I will publish them here as well.

Some words come to mind when I think of this task:

nervous
excited
overwhelming
crazy
insane
grateful
compassion
Amida
help
sadness
depression
wisdom
friends
life
darkness
light

Ok, there are a few words that come to mind when thinking on the Nembutsu.

Living is no easy task, living in the Nembutsu may be even more difficult.  It's like looking in a magnifying mirror and noticing all of the imperfections.

Living in the light of Amida can be blinding, yet I am not blind to the Compassion and Wisdom in which I am embraced.

Thank you.

Namu Amida Butsu

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome example that we all need to follow! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie for your comment. I am sure this year will be full of surprises, good ones and not-so-good ones...just got to keep my chin up and realize that being a Buddhist does not shield one from the darkness of life. If anything, it throws a big-ole spotlight on how my mind creates the darkness. Joy Joy...Namu Amida Butsu...here we go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete