Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A million miles from here....

Ever have that feeling that Amida can't find you?  Some days I feel like I am a million miles away from Amida's grasp...so far away from the limitless reaches of Amida's compassion and wisdom. Some days I feel like a horrible person. 

I trip over my own feet and fall square into the arms of Amida.  I say Namu Amida Butsu and realize how foolish I am in my negative thinking.  Why do I continue to create suffering in my mind with selfish thoughts?  I am only human. Though I sometimes behave like an animal or a devil and on a good day I am free and happy as a bird.

My mind is untamed and full of desires and unchained thoughts.

Living a life in the Nembutsu doesn't fix all of my foolishness.  If anything, living a life in the Nembutsu highlights the flaws.

Entrusting is the cushion on which I can rest my weary head.  It feels good to stop, sit down, slow down, and think on Amida. 

Entrusting is essential.
Amida is here.
Amida is now.

Namu Amida Butsu

Thank you,
Jishin

No comments:

Post a Comment