Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lean into the unpleasantness....

Lean into the unpleasantness...

Unpleasant

Unsatisfied

Unfullfilled

I am often unwilling to face the fact that I create many unpleasant thoughts in my mind.  I think about something "I want" and I think about something "I hate" or I think about something "I just got to have".  These are thoughts not brought on by others or by the objects I desire themselves.  These thoughts are my creation, born out of boundless desires and cravings that, at times overwhelm me.

Is it possible to work through the unpleasantness of life?

Can one "lean into the unpleasantness" and face it head-on with the knowledge of the Dharma as a guide?

When one understands that we experience unpleasantness once born into this world
and
when one understands that unpleasantness just doesn't magically appear from outside of our minds
and
when we realize that the root of unpleasantness comes from our deluded perspective on life itself
and
when we discover that Jodo Shinshu offers a path that sheds light on the unpleasantness that we create
it is only then
that we come
to the understanding that 
each of us
full of blind passions
and delusion
are saved
never abandoned
through Amida's
saving Vow.

Lean into the unpleasantness without fear....
Lean into the unpleasantness without hesitating...
Lean into life itself....just as you are!

Namu Amida Butsu

Thank you,
Jishin



No comments:

Post a Comment