Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hey Wake Up! (journal entry 1-5-13)

Hey wake up!   Sounds very Buddhist doesn't it?

I sometimes like to imagine Amida Buddha calling to me and saying, "Hey, wake up!"

Amida is also saying to me...

"Look around you"

"Be grateful"

"Life is good"

"Namu Amida Butsu"

"The Dharma is everywhere"



Problem is...me.....I don't always listen.....sometimes I even ignore the call of Amida....yes, I said it outloud...

I sometimes ignore the call of Amida.....because my mind goes racing into old habits.

I struggle with hurtful thoughts towards myself and others.  Negative thoughts rule my mind some days.

Greed, anger and delusion take root in my mind and grow.  I fertilize them with my own bullshit and before you know it I have a bunker crop of negative thoughts....yeah me....uggh.....

So where is Amida?

Where is the Nembutsu in all of this?

Amida is in the midst of all my delusion.

The Nembutsu falls painfully from my lips.  The pain is mine....not Amida's.

The light of Amida is never dimmed from the incredible darkness I create at times in my own life.

Namu Amida Butsu
Namu Amida Butsu
Namu Amida Butsu

Calling to Amida.....hearing Amida calling...

Wake Up!

Wake Up!

Wake Up!

Namu Amida Butsu

Thank you.

Jishin
(notes from journal 1-5-13)


No comments:

Post a Comment