Friday, January 11, 2013

Amida's Joy (Journal entry 1-10-13)

Amida's Joy

I don't seek forgiveness from Amida.  All that I do that creates negative results, well, that is my deep ignorance at work.  I take ownership of my faults.

On the other hand, I find myself striving to be a better person, to be more compassionate and to learn from my mistakes.

Why?

Because I imagine Amida's joy.

I imagine Amida's joy in making and fulfilling the Vow to save all sentient beings.  Now, I realize I am injecting some of my imagination here, but I like to think of Amida filled with joy.  Like a joyful parent looking upon a child.

I feel like a child in the eyes of Amida.  I am filled with the promise of becoming like my parent; enlightened and filled with compassion and wisdom.  So I stumble along, learning how to walk on the path that is often filled with challenges.  Some days it is 10 steps forward, 5 steps back.  Yet, the thought of Amida's joy comes to my mind and I push myself a few steps ahead..to keep going...must keep going....

I am the child
Amida, the parent
my heart is grasped
never abandoned
I am
ok
just as I am.......

Namu Amida Butsu
Namu Amida Butsu
Namu Amida Butsu

Thank you.
Jishin

No comments:

Post a Comment