Monday, January 7, 2013

What I did not do today.....

7, January 2013

(I am trying to resist the urge to write each post like I would prepare a Dharma talk for temple service.)

I want the post to reflect my thoughts from the day.  It may or may not flow, may not be grammatically correct and may even be just plain ugly...but it will be a glimpse of my life.  Thanks for reading.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up this morning
and
didn't say Namu Amida Butsu.

I turned on hot water for a shower
and
didn't say Namu Amida Butsu.

I fixed a healthy breakfast
and
didn't say Namu Amida Butsu.

I got in my car and drove to town
and
didn't say Namu Amida Butsu.

I looked at my wrist.
I wasn't wearing my juzu
and still...
I didn't say Namu Amida Butsu.

Sitting here writing this note
thinking of my day
thinking what I should share with others
being honest
feeling humbled by Amida's Compassion and Wisdom
feeling the embrace

I say
Namu Amida Butsu
Namu Amida Butsu
Namu Amida Butsu


~Thank you
Jishin





1 comment:

  1. Dharma talks work for me, so if you find yourself lapsing into that method of writing, you have a captive audience here. :-)

    (ps: not sure why I keep showing up as "unknown"...Julie)

    ReplyDelete