Friday, January 3, 2014

The dragon within


A dragon stirs deep within...
Lashing his thorny tail through my hopes and dreams...
Spewing fire from his forked tongue, spouting hatred and discouragement...
This creature only knows the seas of suffering...

I am the dragon
I am the creature
I call the seas of samsara home

And yet, not even the greatest storm of self doubt keeps the winds of compassion and wisdom from reaching my heart

Clearing the darkness
Calming the great sea
And putting the great dragon to rest once and for all

Namu Amida Butsu



Thank you
Jishin




1 comment:

  1. Thanks sooo much -- this inspired me to write a poem (in swedish) and I also felt that I learned a lot. My teacher Al Bloom said some things to me along the lives of your post and the wisdom of the Vow cannot be stopped !

    ReplyDelete