Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Amida is watching....look busy!

Ok, this is a take on a bumper sticker I saw recently, it said, "God is watching, look busy!"

So I thought to myself, "if Amida is watching me, should I look busy?" Should I be doing something to look like I am worthy of hearing the Dharma? Should I be a better person in order to look like I deserve to be grasped by the Vow?"

I already knew the answer...it's not about being busy or doing good deeds or my worthiness when it comes to the embrace of Amida's Vow Power.

I should indeed strive to be a good person, but not for the sake of gaining "points", but for the sake of creating a more compassionate existence among my fellow travelers. I often fail miserably, yet Amida's vow never fails to uphold the promise of saving us foolish beings plowing through this world driven by ego.

I am comforted by Amida's Vow.
I am comforted by the Nembutsu.

The Nembutsu is calling you...get busy listening!

Thank you,
Jishin


No comments:

Post a Comment