Saturday, February 23, 2013

The good news is......

(I recently found a notebook in a box of  interesting "junk" that I picked up at a local auction for $1.  I decided that I would use this notebook to write down my thoughts about being grateful.  I decided to call this little notebook my "gratitude notebook".  I assumed that the notebook was empty, yet when I opened it up and thumbed through the first few blank pages, I came across this handwritten note......)



"The good news is....this is not permanent.  And I am not trapped.  I have made this spot, which is pretty good, and I can think my way to another spot without too much trouble or effort.  I used to think it would be hard, but now, I now know."


I re-read this note several times and smiled.  The more I read it, the more I fell in love with the sentiment.  It is certainly a very Shin Buddhist approach to life.  It is spoken from the heart.  It could be coming directly from the heart of a Nembutsu follower.

It certainly is good news that I am not trapped in this life of suffering.  Entrusting in Amida has created clarity in my life.  I am, who I am because of my thoughts and actions.  I have a pretty good life right now.  When I experience suffering, I can take a look at my thoughts and feelings and maybe make a change for the better.  I used to think life was really hard, but now, I now know...Namu Amida Butsu!





Thank you,
Jishin



(journal notes 2-22-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment