Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My mind is tired... (Journal Notes 2-02-13)

My mind is tired.

I have been packing all of my belongings, making ready for a move into the city.

I have so much unnecessary "stuff".

Where did it all come from?

Why do I have so many "things"?

I don't need most of these things I am packing into boxes.

Makes me feel selfish in one sense.

I have got to lighten my load.

I have to give up these objects I am attached to.

Ok, who am I kidding.  There I go again, beating myself up for being "human" and for "wanting" of things.  It is just who I am.

The lesson I have discovered in this busy week of packing and cleaning and moving is this...

when it comes down to the basics...

all we really need is a deep understanding of how fortunate we are to live such a full life...

all we really need is to realize how fortunate we are to have the Dharma in our lives...

all we really need is Namu Amida Butsu

Thank you,
Jishin

No comments:

Post a Comment