Friday, February 1, 2013

Do you really want it?

Do you really want the Nembutsu in your life?

Do you really want to entrust in the power of Amida's Vow?

Do you want to hear Namu Amida Butsu?

I have no hope of being an enlightened being....not while I live and breathe with this giant ego of mine.

If my enlightenment depended on me to always "do good and cause no harm", then, sad to say I would fail miserably.

So what can I depend on?

Where can I put my trust?

Namu Amida Butsu..

Entrusting alone is essential....

Your life depends on it...

Thank you,
Jishin

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean Jishin to entrust yourself to Amida Buddha or to Namu Amida Butsu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, entrusting means that I willingly, and without doubt, know deep in my heart that I am embraced by the Buddha Amida. I am swept into the Buddha's ocean of Compassion and Wisdom and held afloat by Other Power - the working of Amida's Vow to save all sentient beings without fail. When I say "Namu Amida Butsu" I am hearing the call of Amida and answering with "thank you thank you". I entrust myself to Amida Buddha. Namu Amida Butsu is Amida and I together in heart and mind.

    Thank you,
    Jishin

    ReplyDelete