Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dig in the dirt...(2-8-13 journal notes)

I realize my limitations.
I do not claim any great knowledge of Buddhism.
I have very little formal education.
I am a terrible student in general.
I am a "dig in the dirt Shin Buddhist" .
I get my hands dirty with life.
I scream out loud when the pain in my heart is deep.
I call to Amida when my heart is filled with the joy of the Dharma.
I see the Buddha's teachings in the earth as I plant flowers.
I couldn't tell you from memory the names of the Sutras
but I can share with you my laughter and tears
for that is my Dharma.

Amida Buddha is present in all we do and is part of who we are.


I dig in the dirt, then with soiled hands in gassho call to Amida and say "thank you!"

Thank you,
Jishin

4 comments:

  1. So very beautiful! !
    Diane, you should publish a book, if haven't done that yet!
    No kidding. What you write is plainly great, imho.
    Namuamidabutsu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for encouragement Arkady. I have written a children's Buddhist book called "Amida's ABCs". Maybe I will take a lokk after I work on this blog for a year and make a book out of some of my postings. Gassho, Diane

    ReplyDelete