Saturday, March 2, 2013

Do not waste a single breath...

How many breaths have I taken in my life?
How many breaths have I wasted on saying harmful words?
How many breaths have I wasted screaming and shouting?
How many breaths have I used to speak ego-centered words about myself?
Too many....
Too many breaths wasted....

How many breaths have I used to call to Amida?
How many breaths have I used to say the Nembutsu?
How many breaths have I used to speak a kind word to a stranger?
How many breaths have I used to give comfort?
Not enough....
Not enough breaths for the good of others....

Life is not just about taking a breath...
Life is about what you do with each breath that you are given...

Say the Nembutsu
Say the Nembutsu
Say the Nembutsu

Do not waste a single breath of this precious time you are given.

Namu Amida Butsu



Thank you,
Jishin
(journal entry 2/25/13)


1 comment:

  1. The preciousness of each of breath...and not to waste even one! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete