Monday, March 19, 2018

A Few Words from a Stranger

Hello dear Dharma Friends far and wide. I find it hard to believe that so many years have gone by since my last posting. I should say Happy New Year 2016, 2017, 2018!  I feel like a stranger to my own blog. So, here I am again humbly submitting some thoughts and poems that pop into the head of this bumbling priest.


A Few Words

If it were not for Amida’s
call, I would feel lost
and abandoned.

The Nembutsu carries me
towards the land of bliss.
No doubt, I am happy!

I am sure that Marcus
and his poems will
reach the hearts of many.

Too bad I wasted so much
Time worrying.
Amida never worries


I jump for joy today because
the Nembutsu
will carry me home.

No effort to hear Amida’s call
is enough to
save you from hell.

To be a wanderer with
heavy karma is
my lot in this life.

Tell me Amida,
what do you think
about me?

I wake up
to another day
to say, Namo Amida Butsu!

It’s incredible that I
found my way to
the Nembutsu this time.

Samsara is the wheel on
which I spin. Amida shouts,
“jump off now!”

My time spent in the darkness
made the light of Amida
shine brighter.

Picking up the pieces
is an easier task with
a settled heart.

If Marcus were here he
would say, “stop your fuss
and say the Nembutsu!”

I see Kwan Yin in the face
of a stranger. Please help
be more kind.

Back on my feet again!
I shake off the dust and
hear Amida’s call.

No comments:

Post a Comment