Thursday, February 13, 2014

STOP THINK THANK

The reality of my life is this...I do not make the time to blog daily.  You could say lack of discipline, adult attention deficit disorder, scattered brained...yes all of these describe me exactly.  I have so many thoughts swirling in my head that I think are good enough to write into a blog...but then I just let them go, discard them like garbage and go about my day.  I often think "oh, I don't have anything nice to say, or happy to say, or worthy to say to the world." Yet, here I am pounding out a few thoughts on this computer, pecking at the keyboard, grateful for the chance to sit down for a few solitary moments and say Namu Amida Butsu to the world.  I am grateful for a few moments to STOP, THINK and THANK.

That is what being a Shin Buddhist is all about...STOP for a moment, THINK about your actions and THANK the causes and conditions that have brought you to hear the Dharma.

Basic
Simple
Shin

STOP

THINK

THANK






Thank you,
Jishin

1 comment:

  1. I SO needed to read this today. Thank you, Jishin, for reminding me that taking action sometimes means slowing down long enough to actually take it. The message is clear...we matter, all of us. We all have something to say, and it matters. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete