Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It is good to be home....

I have been away for a little over a month.  I visited my family and friends in Alaska.  I had very mixed emotions about going back to Alaska...the place I called home for most of my adult life (up until 4 years ago).  It was great to visit my mom, dad, granddaughter, sister, niece and nephew.  It was great to see Dharma friends, too!

My great Dharma journey began in Portland, Oregon many years ago (1994) then lead me back to Alaska and now I have come full circle back to Portland.

What is so very different now is not so much my physical address, but my awareness of where my home really is....my home is in the Nembutsu.

The Nembutsu is my only true home...my refuge, my safe place to bring all of my worries and joys.

Living in the Nembutsu has given me a sense of belonging, a sense of gratitude and a sense of being embraced by the greatest kindness I can ever imagine.

Namu Amida Butsu.....it is good to be home.

Namu Amida Butsu.....I am home.












thank you,
Jishin

No comments:

Post a Comment